Ted Ed (05/05)

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 8.23.46 PM

Okay, let’s have a little fun. Watch this video on cats. Take notes on the video. Take a picture of your notes and upload them to Seesaw. Then, post your reaction to the video below. Try answering the questions below, too.

In what ways does the social structure of cats different from that of dogs? Do you have a cat (or any pet)? Does your pet live in an enriched environment? How do you know?

18 thoughts on “Ted Ed (05/05)

1. That is really suprising of how their biology. Is coming back to help then now. I don’t have any pets sadly. But I am getting a dog by summer.

2. I agree with the video about cats because whenever i am sick my cats like to get on me and purr so i agree with that part.i think my cats like in a enriched environmet because there are alot of places for them to hide.

3. 1. They do not tear everything up to sharoen their claws.
    2. Yes because they seem to like were they are living and sleeping and all the treats and food they are living with and they play with each other like the cats and the dogs play together.

4. After watching tbat video it all makes since because i would use to always think why do cats always sratch things up like curtains that is one lf the reasons we can’t have cats the other is i don’t like them so that’s it.

5. Cats are different from dogs becasue dogs are more agressive. If some one scared a cat it would probably jump and wlak away. But if someone scared a dog that dog would probably bight your stinken hand off.

6. Cats are different from dogs because cats can climb trees and go in small surfaces which dogs can’t do. I have a dog. He is a yorkie witch sleeps all day and loves samine.

7. Their social structer is different from dogs because they are much more shy. I have two cats Joey and Blossom, I also have a dog named Molly. Are cats like to be where no one is.

8. I have 3 cats and a dog at my house. They have very different features and social behavior, my cats hate the car while our dog loves it. Our dog thinks everyone is her friend and wants to play all the time. Our cats don’t like visitors and try to hide when ther are visitors. Our dog must keep visitors in her sight and keep them away from her bed, where she hides her bones.

9. In what ways does the social structure of cats different from that of dogs?
    The ways the cats different from dogs is they have an instinct to hide or run when threatened or scared and dogs there instinct is to attack or growl or even they might bare there teeth at what they feel threatened or scared about. I think my cat likes an enriched enviroment cause there are a lot of place for them to hide and in my house we have a lot of places for the cat to hide

10. How is the social structure of cats is different from dogs?

Answer: They are much different, cats are more steathy and dogs are much more energitic, and out-going type animals.

My thoughts of the video, I personally did not know that cats resemble wild animal insticts. And I didnt know that the “purrs” the cat make are promoting tissue regerneration. Overall I really liked the video becuase I dont really know alot about cats and I think it was very informational.

11. I personally don’t like cats I just don’t like how mean they can be and how they scratch up everything. I have 3 dogs. And I think cats and dogs are different. Cats can be aggressive but I think dogs can be more aggressive.

12. MY REACTION AND THE OTHER THING: I am not bery suprised that they do this they are like other animals, like dogs they howl or the can be aggresive like wolves, also cats are like lions or tigres and big cats, they are agresive and mean, cats hunt, they play with yarn yesss, buuuuuuut, they have toy mouses that move and they hunt those.

Cats and dogs are animals but one difference is that… cats and dogs drink water differently, dogs scoop up water from their bottom of their toung and cats have spickey toungs so the milk or water goes up with their toung.

13. How I think cars and dogs are different is the fact that dogs are way more energetic and cat are so very lazy and the toung is way more rough than a dogs.
    I do have a cat and he does do all of theese things.

14. The difference between dogs and cats is a big, big wide open space. Cats like to hide in small places that you won’t even think of. While dogs never really do that. They like to stay in a big wide open space in plain sight. They are two totoally diferent species. Cats and dogs react to things in different ways. When someone is walking by the house or knocking on the door the dog barks and runs around the house many, many times. The cat does nothing, just sits there.
    No, my dog does not live in an enriched enviroment. He doen’t even have a dog bed, cause he never uses it. My brother was the one that sleept with it. He doesn’t even have toys.

15. The ways the cats different from dogs is they have an instinct to hide or run when threatened or scared and dogs there instinct is to attack or growl or even they might bare there teeth at what they feel threatened or scared about. I have a dog and he likes to growl when I get home from school.