Ted Ed- What You Need to Know About Sleep (02/24)

It’s 4am, and the big test is in 8 hours. You’ve been studying for days, but you still don’t feel ready. Should you drink another cup of coffee and spend the next few hours cramming? Or should you go to sleep? Watch this video to dig deeper in your understanding of sleep.

After viewing the video, think about your sleeping habits. Do you get enough sleep? Summarize your understanding of this video in a short paragraph. Then, write a second paragraph sharing your thoughts about the video and what you think about any changes you need to make in your sleep patterns.

18 thoughts on “Ted Ed- What You Need to Know About Sleep (02/24)

1. What the video had said was that you must do certain things at certain times. Like having a test on the next day. Study 3 hours before you sleep and study music a hour before you go to bed.
    I think that a change I need to make is not to eat or drink caffeine before you sleep because that will ruin your sleep and it will also ruin your memory.

2. What the video said was that you should do certain things at certain times like you should do your math 2 hours before you sleep and study whatever it is that you need to study and hour before you go to sleep.
    I think that I need to change staying up as late as I do cause it can make you/me grumpy or make me completely zone out during school

3. What I thought about the vide was cool because it talked about REM sleep which is in my genius hour. Also that sleep can be bad for you.

4. What this vieeo is saying is that when you go to sleep you should do certain things at certain times so when you wake up you are refreshed and are remembering evrything you were doing befor.

5. What the video had said was that you must do certain things at certain times. Like having a test on the next day. Study 3 hours before you sleep and study music a hour before you go to bed.

I have to probably eat dinner a little earlier and not eat before I go to bed because it will cause memory loss.

6. Ps: Rem sleep causes sleep paralysis! Which can cause you to wake up in the middle of your sleep to see demonic hallucinations

7. I think I get enough sleep because I barely wake up during the night and I don’t really lose memory. So I feel fine.

I think the video was cool because I did not know all those things about sleep. All I need to do with my sleep is to go to bed earlier.

8. According to this video I should stay up less late studying and go to bed around three hours after studying math or subject related things. I should also go to bed around an hour after studying music and physical movements.

I think I need to think about sleep more as an important requirement more than if I have time or if I want to. I need to go to bed earlier in order to remember important information and not forget it.

9. What I think about this video is interesting I find this video intersting because now that I know about this next time i study for a test I know what to do.

10. I think this video was useful because when I have a test I study for it all night. I don’t really think about sleep. So next time I have a test I know what to do.

11. What the video said that if you get enough sleep or “sleep on it” and that will help you keep all of your information nice and tight also if you go to bed three hours after studying and 1 hour after playing and instrument than that should help you too.
    I thought tha this video was very information filled and cool.

12. The video was about needing more sleep and it helps you remember things better for a test or recital.

I should start doing my homework later so it is 2 hours before I go to bed and practice my violin and peano afterwords.

13. I think that I get eghnough sleep because each night I get about 8-10 hours of sleep. The video explains why you shouldn’t stay up really late.because if you do 3 hours of studying before sleep you remember it.

My thoughts of the video is I already do almost all the stuff in the video sleep wise. I get 9 hours of sleep every night and I’m not very tired in school. So I don’t think I need to make and adjustments.

14. I think my sleeping habits are not good I definitely need to change my sleeping routines. Like it said in the video it said that if you stay up for more than 3 hours after studying somthing. You have a more likely chance to forget it.

I really think this video help me understand why the body needs sleep and how important it is to your memory.

15. Basically what the video was about how you should not stay up late because you can foget things you learn that day. So when you go to sleep all the stuff that you do that day become long term memory way quicker so when you wake up andd your all refreshed and you remember what you learned.

I don’t think I should go to bed earlier than I do because ether way a I’m am usually pretty tired at school.it is important that I sleep so I probaly should go to bed sooner.

16. My understanding of the video is that sleep is important for your health and for your memory. When you sleep there are stages were your memory goes though your brain and gets stored.
    I think I need to change my sleeping patterns. I somethings sleep 7 hours so I think I need to work on it.

17. The video says that you have to do things at certain times. Like study 3 hours before going to bed and practice your music an hour before bed. The video really explains why you shouldn’t stay up late and drink another cup of coffee.

The video was really interesting. In some parts I was a little confused but then later on I figured out what it meant. I might need to go to bed earlier, that might help a lot.

18. Well I think that I get enough sleep I sleep about 8-9 hours a day and all you need is 8 everyday at night I brush my teeth and then read a little and then go to sleep and that’s all a do usually.

The video is very interesting and fun I liked it it was teaching me a lot of things while I sleep like the stages of sleep and what happens when I sleep .